I.M.Android

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Multiplayer online game coming to Android

by Your Name 0 comments



Share this post:
Design Float
StumbleUpon
Reddit

I'm tired of World of Warcraft ( I cant believe I said that, probably to grab your attention!) , sitting on my sofa and playing it like no tomorrow! I need something different!

We're heading into a world where PCs will be reduced to portable Mobile devices (about which I'll have an article soon) and this calls for a change.

Enter into Parallel Kingdom! This new game is exploiting into a virtually empty space in mobile game industry where your move abouts in the real world actually have something to do with the game.



Their blog writes

Parallel Kingdom uses location-based features to place the virtual world over the real world, where you can kill creatures, collect gold, and destroy your friends.

Im still not exactly sure what we are supposed to do in this game! I'll have to experience it. From the looks of it, Parallel Kingdom is based completely on the location based services of your iPhone, iPod, Android - GPS but appears to have ignored their graphic capabilities. I mean com'on! We could have a much better game design other than just laying out maps slapped with icons. Nonetheless, Parallel Kingdom is still in beta stage and deserves to be recognized for its promising concept. It can spark a whole new range of games in this "location based" category.

And its game-network combines iPhone, iPod, Android. In other words, if you see a lot of players in your area rest assured, they're all Apple eaters or Googlers!

Release date : 31st October 2008.

[ via Mixx ]

ps: for some reason, im reminded of an episode of CSI:NY! and now its scaring me

Comments 0 comments

Stuff

Subscribe feeds via e-mail
Subscribe in your preferred RSS reader

Subscribe feeds rss Recent Entries

Categories

My Photos on flickr

Subscribe feeds rss Recent Comments

Technorati

Technorati
My authority on technorati
Add this blog to your faves